Monday, January 25, 2016

Beautiful Story With a Very Powerful Message

Beautiful Story With a Very Powerful Message

I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean, hungrily apprising a basket of freshly picked green peas. I paid for my potatoes but was also drawn to the display of fresh green peas. I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes. Pondering the peas, I couldn’t help overhearing the conversation between Mr. Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me. ‘Hello Barry, how are you today?’ ‘Hello, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank you. Just admiring them peas. They sure look good’ ‘They are good, Barry. How is your Ma?’ ‘Fine. Getting stronger all the time.’ ‘Good. Anything I can help you with?’ ‘No, Sir. Just admiring them peas.’ ‘Would you like to take some home?’ asked Mr. Miller. ‘No, Sir. Got nothing to pay for them with.’ ‘Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?’ ‘All I got is my prize marble here.’ ‘Is that rig…
See all stories on this topic






Beautiful Story With a Very Powerful Message

No comments: