Thursday, July 28, 2016

Being fearless is jumping even if you are afraid

http://www.loalover.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/5421-thumb.png

http://pamgrout.com/2015/06/09/being-fearless-is-jumping-even-if-you-are-afraid/

Full Article Here



“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.”—John Milton


The Universe is even better than the post office at delivering blessings. In spite of my shortcomings, miracles just keep on showing up. My weekend at Omega couldn’t have been more perfect. Perfect weather. Perfect group (the 35 souls who took the Magic and Miracles workshop were all beautiful geniuses who helped make the workshop SO EASY) and I even got the perfect rental car at LaGuardia—a powder blue VW beetle.


As you regulars to the blog know, workshop and easy are not words I usually say in the same sentence. I’ve talked a lot about my discomfort and fears that, as I often say, get so active that I’ve considered buying them a training bra.


The other blessing in this regard is something the comedian Pete Holmes told my friend, Jessica Ortner, on her Adventures in Happiness podcast. He said it took four years before he was comfortable doing standup. Four fricking’ years! Which makes me feel okay that, even though “my year of speaking dangerously” ended in March, I can “deeply love and accept myself” even when I’m still scared.


AND most importantly, I can continue to jump even when I am afraid.


For those who are interested, here’s my TedX talk where I definitely jumped anyway.



Pam Grout is the author of 17 books including E-Squared: 9 Do-it-Yourself Energy Experiments that Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality and the recently-released sequel, E-Cubed, 9 More Experiments that Prove Mirth, Magic and Merriment is your Full-time Gig.


This subject was something I perceived you might probably value.


The creator has a helpful perspective on the subject that resonates with me and I wanted to share it with my subscribers.


Kindly supply your ideas in the comments section below …




Being fearless is jumping even if you are afraid

No comments: